Prevent and Remove Stains & Scale
- Clean filter according to label directions for your type of filter.
- Apply 1 fl oz. of Clorox™ Spa Stain & Scale per 300 gallons weekly. Pour entire dose directly into the spa water with the pump running without aeration for 30 minutes.
- Some existing stains may be removed by brushing stain with a spa brush after application of Clorox® Spa Stain & Scale Control.
- Clean filter every 30 days.
Spa Maintenance Tips
- Test spa water a minimum of once per week.
- Maintain pH between 7.2 and 7.6.
- Keep Total Alkalinity at 100-150 ppm, and Calcium Hardness between 100-200 ppm.
- Drain, clean, and refill residential spas and hot tubs every 90 days, or according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Clean spa surfaces.
- Rinse filters and use a filter cleaner once every 30 days.